Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Things I have learned so far from being a mom... for 4 whole months :)

As my first OFFICIAL Mother's Day approaches (although last year we knew I was pregnant and my husband will tell you I was a mother the day we found out) anywho, my first Mother's Day... I figured I would share all the lovely things I have learned over the last few months:

1. LOVE... doesn't even begin to describe the way you feel the first time that little baby (or in my case BIG baby) is placed in your arms a) because YOU AREN"T PREGNANT ANYMORE and b) after waiting so long to see what you created, grew and nutured for so long that moment is finally here! c) watching your husband turn into a dad in front of your eyes
2. Bodily fluids touching you no longer bother you... in fact, those slobbery open mouth kisses make your whole day!
3. When they say stay active during your pregnancy it makes it easier to lose the weight afterwards they are not joking.... for someone who ate french fries EVERY DAY during my pregnancy and barely got off the couch the last 3 weeks,  this losing weight is harder this time around (let's hope my next baby loves fruit)
4. They grow way to fast, or at least try to grow way to fast, Jackson just wants to MOVE!
5. You will ALWAYS have someone out there giving you advice even if you don't ask for it and ALWAYS have someone criticizing the way you decide to do things!
6. During the winter IT IS NICE to have that wipe warmer (even if people tell you that you don't need it)
7.  No matter WHO is watching your baby, you worry...
8. Teething is stupid
9. Shots are harder on me than him
10. Taking a baby anywhere is like going on vacation, because you never know what you MIGHT need!
AND
11. No matter how bad you feel, or tired you are one grin from your baby makes it all worthwhile!

 I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day, as I am sure I Will!

SUMMER is just about here, I know it technically doesn't start until June 22nd or something but let's face it 90 degrees in Texas is the start of Summer! Which means in a couple months I will be taking a 6 1/2 mth old to the Bahamas! I should start preparing now, I am a LIST maker! I need to make lists so i do not forget to pack anything! (pretty sure I got that from my Dad) but either way I always feel more READY to go once everything is crossed off my list than if I mentally try to do things! 

SPEAKING OF LISTS... I have got to get up and finish crossing things off my list for this weekend... my first 5k since having Jackson, and Mother's Day... of course we won't be able to top our Mother's  day presents to our mothers and grandmothers from last year... we gave them a picture of our pregnancy test telling them we were having a baby!!!!!




~LOVE LOVE LOVE~
Linzy Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a Comment... I Love Them!!!